Which Light Is Right
The quality, intensity and duration of light will directly impact the growth and life of a plant.
Here are a few questions you may ask to determine the level of light in different areas of your building.
- Light Quality: How much sunlight comes through the windows? What type of lights are used in the building, fluorescent or not?
- Light Intensity: What time of day is the sunlight coming through the window, sunrise or sunset? Is there shade between direct sunlight and the inside of a window?
- Light Duration: What are the building hours, how long is the office in darkness? Is your office affected by daylight savings?
Levels of Light
What is lux? On all our plant pages you can find the Lux level, which is the luminous emittance.
- Low Level: 250 - 400 Lux: Typically office lighting.
- Medium Level: 400 - 1500 Lux: From office lighting to outdoors on an overcast day.
- High Level: 1500 - 2000 Lux: From TV studio lighting to a fully bright room full of natural sunlight.
If you'd like more information or help with selecting which plants are best suited for your office space:
Call 1300 228 891 or contact us online now.